Thursday, May 10, 2012

Welcome

This is a blog for my musings on all things Herbalife.

I'm an independent distributor for Herbalife, but this is not a place where I will attempt a sales pitch to make you buy the product. All of my recipes can be adapted for other protein powders. That said I'm, surprisingly, a big proponent of Herbalife products.

Around October 2011 my neighbour finally got me to come in and try a Herbalife shake. The thing is, I was initially very much against Herbalife shakes. I mean, I'm a healthy, food-conscious, and athletic girl and I really didn't have weight to loose. In fact the emphasis that Herbalife distributors place on weight loss was enough to turn me away from the product for a considerably long time. But after trying a shake, and recognizing the health benefits (I struggle normally to get enough protein and all my nutrients because I am so busy) I was hooked. I strongly support replacing a breakfast with a shake because it doesn't have any of the sugars of breakfast foods which lead you to crash during the day. With these shakes I start my mornings off with a strong foundation for my incredibly busy life.

Of course, there was a problem. Herbalife shakes taste great, and they help me sustain my energy levels throughout the day. But I am an avid cook. I love experimenting with new recipes, and suddenly I found myself limited to Herbalife shakes for one or two meals/snacks a day. Solution? I've started to experiment with awesome Herbalife recipes!

So I've decided to share my pursuit of exciting new Herbalife shakes, complete with pictures, and notes for ways to adapt the recipes :)
For those of you wanting more information on the product, I'd suggest checking out http://www.herbalife.com/